[PLUG-AV] Amazon order has arrived! Let's meet up.

James Bromberger james at rcpt.to
Thu Mar 10 11:38:58 WST 2011

On 10/03/2011 11:32 AM, Tim Bowden wrote:
> Several IDE hdd's (lying around for some time- worked when they were
> last used), plenty of unmade up cat5 cable, some assorted made up
> cables (I think, a while since I've dived into the 'junk box', several
> old Mini Tower cases with power supplies (and dodgy motherboards), a
> few sticks of *old* assorted RAM.

Sounds good. Some smaller mini towers would work; quieter ones better
than noisier. Do you have time to assemble any of the bits into a
working PC? Are they PCI or PCI-E (with regards the firewire cards I
have now)? If you can make a working PC, I can drop off the firewire
cads as well?

>> So next up comes a workshop day when we try and plug stuff together and work
>> out how it works. I suggest a Saturday afternoon at Artifactory, if the guys
>> will let us use a corner of their space and a bit of power and data. How
>> does Saturday 19th March from around 1pm suit people? I'll ask Daniel and
>> see if anyone will be at Artifactory; if not we can try for UCC at UWA.
> Saturday's I can't do.  Sailing.  And kids sport, family activities
> etc.  Have to be a weeknight apart from Tuesday's for me, but if
> Saturday works for everyone else then don't let it stop you.  Better
> to get things done than not; I'm just the 'dumb labour' on this one,
> not the brains!  Either Artifactory or UCC loft works for me, but I'm
> not fussed about the location.  It's only a few minutes difference on
> the road anyway.  So long as free parking is available.  ;)

Free parking at Artifactory - and lots of it after hours being Osborne
Park. And ground floor too (where as UCC is top floor, controlled
parking during uni hours, etc). I can do week nights with permission
from Mrs (and son). Shall we do a week night next week instead (or as
well)? Monday?

Mobile: +61 422 166 708, Email: james_AT_rcpt.to