[PLUG-AV] Scheduling the next AV workshop.

James Bromberger james at rcpt.to
Tue Apr 19 11:09:07 WST 2011

On 19/04/2011 10:15 AM, Jason Nicholls wrote:
>> So, when's good for the next workshop. I am going to suggest its at my
>> house (Ardross/Mt Pleasant), since I have all the kit here at the moment
>> (its too big to fit in Nick's locker at Artifactory).  I know we have
>> Easter coming up so that probably rules out this Thursday to Monday. How
>> about the evening of Wednesday 27th or Thursday 28th?
> wed or thu is OK with me, what time you thinking though?

I was thinking "after work" for most people. So from 5pm onwards - or
anytime after work that you can get here. My plan is to get all
equipment out, powered on and ready for a test run through everything.
Look at and hopefully fix the box that died on us, practice some
different encoding params and approaches (like the one that was
suggested using GStreamer instead of the command line ffmpeg2theora),
practice the titler option, etc. Someone may want to come up with better
animated Logo loops (nothing stopping this from happing right now). Have
everyone practice switching video, framing. Ensure that Mumble works and
we can use it (or decide to give up on it for our application).

So, with Jason and Tim both good for Wednesday 27th, lets make it then.
We'll order pizza or something too. We'll need a second camera still. I
did see this:

http://perth.gumtree.com.au/c-Stuff-for-Sale-video-camera-digital-camera-camcorders-video-cameras-Panasonic-NV-DS8-video-camera-W0QQAdIdZ266646571
$50
Panasonic NV-DS8, 20x optical zoom, mini DV based, with firewire

What do you think - should we grab it? Can we get 5 people throw in $10
each? I'm in.

--
Mobile: +61 422 166 708, Email: james_AT_rcpt.to