[PLUG-AV] Scheduling the next AV workshop.

James Bromberger james at rcpt.to
Tue Apr 19 12:02:00 WST 2011

On 19/04/2011 11:25 AM, Harry McNally wrote:
> Good lord no. PLUG should pay for this. The $2k or thereabouts that flowed
> from Computer Angels should cover this project and more. Quick committee email
> for agreement and on with it is my opinion.
I am conscious that so far we have spent $1,000 on equipment (and
postage) for this project from PLUG funds, and that we're trying to get
to a stage wher we can do the next phase from grant(s), if we can get
some consensus on what we want to get. PLUG had 3.8K when I came on, and
thats now down to around to 2.2K (Quiz Night loss). I know much of ctte
is worried about the recent spend not being sustainable, and I agree; we
don't have the revenue income from membership to sustain it. Also, there
may be other projects that people want to undertake that may need some
PLUG funding, and if our proposed outreach to remote regions of WA is
successful, then I think a few PLUG ctte should try and get to those
locations once per year - so we may have some travel and accommodation
expenses to boot (but then, increased membership should help with that)!

I'm happy to give details finance information to anyone who wants it.

We're also contemplating if PLUG membership should go up ($20/$10 from
$10/$5).

> In the end, contributed time is the most valuable commodity. I don't think
> there should be any out of pocket expenses for participants in projects;
> including the pizza.
I agree, but I have to balance the investment thus far and the return
from the project. I think if we have a few more successful streams, and
a few more people watching, we can start to justify this outside of any
grant(s).

> I think Wed 27 suits me but may cook Jacqueline dinner before cycling over.
> How late did you propose to go ? I won't need pizza.

Probably till around 10 or 11 or so.  While we'll probably be working in
the (double) garage area with all kit splayed out, the bedroom is just
beside it and Mrs B will need to get some sleep at some stage (as will I).

--
Mobile: +61 422 166 708, Email: james_AT_rcpt.to