[PLUG-AV] Quick update

Tim Bowden tim.bowden at mapforge.com.au
Tue May 17 18:03:52 WST 2011

On Tue, 2011-05-17 at 17:59 +0800, Harry McNally wrote:
> On 17/05/11 17:50, Tim Bowden wrote:
> > Camera:
>
> > I haven't had a look at the finished result yet but was the flickering
> > only on the picture in picture or when this camera was full screen?
>
> From memory only picture-in-picture (in the small one if that's not clear) but
> I'd have to confirm that Tim.
>
> All the best
> Harry

If that's the case, then perhaps it points to cpu/ram issues on the
mixing box?  Not sure why only this camera though.  Maybe the network
card it was connected to was a cheapie that did most of its work in cpu
rather than hardware and the slight lag caught it up?  Dunno.  We
probably should be looking only at high quality GbE cards given we're
I/O intensive when we purchase hardware.

Tim