[PLUG-AV] Quick update

Tim Bowden tim.bowden at mapforge.com.au
Thu May 26 01:29:56 WST 2011

On Tue, 2011-05-17 at 17:50 +0800, Tim Bowden wrote:

> Capture card:...
> They do have a PCI-e card (supposedly working with linux), but I'm yet
> to see any costs or reports on it yet.  I'll keep looking, and make some
> calls tomorrow.

Black magic Intensity Pro PCI-e card $189 on amazon (no shipping to AU).
I'm not sure the drivers are free software.

Threads:
http://www.kdenlive.org/forum/linux-friendly-pro-hardware-blackmagic-design

http://forums.creativecow.net/readpost/124/876115

http://www.videohelp.com/capturecards/blackmagic-intensity-pro/765

Too tired to read them properly tonight.  Looks like the Black Magic
stuff has a good reputation for professional level hardware, but
questions still remain about the nature and quality of linux support.

We may be able to get a TV tuner card that also has HDMI in for less.
Probably won't have the encoding ability of the BM intensity pro, but we
don't need that anyway.
http://www.amazon.com/Hauppauge-Colossus-Express-Internal-01414/dp/B004OVE2B4/ref=pd_cp_pc_4

No idea yet about linux support.

Tim