[PLUG-AV] This Tuesday - PLUG meeting.

James Bromberger james at rcpt.to
Thu Jun 9 21:39:41 WST 2011

Hi all,
So we're up this Tuesday at IBM for streaming the presentation. Tim and
I visited today and confirmed internet access (10 Mbps down, 14 Mbps up)
from the room. It larger than we've been in recently - more on par with
Christ Church's Futuresphere. There's a ceiling mounted projector, and
when we saw it, it had four rows of chairs, divided down the middle of
the room in a V shape - probably capable of seating around 60!

Our talk starts at 6:30pm probably with me and perhaps a few ctte giving
a round up of PLUG news. Then Indulis from IBM talking for about an hour
or so. IBM may be providing some food and drink as well.

For filming, I'm planning on getting to the building around 5pm with the
gear. While everyone else will be accessing the building from the Hay
Street entrance over the foot bridge, and then down the elevator to the
1st floor, we're going to try and bring the AV kit in the side entrance.
But we need to co-ordinate people to be there to grab kit off me so I
can then go and park. So, I need a few people who can meet me at around
5pm on the Murray Street site of the IBM building. There's a pull-in
area to the car park under the building on that side where I hope to
pull up, empty the car to the waiting AV team, and then pull off. Can I
get some confirmation from some people that they can be there at 5pm?
Here's the street view:

http://maps.google.com/?ll=-31.949422,115.847968&spn=0.001564,0.002776&z=19&layer=c&cbll=-31.949422,115.848477&panoid=HWTbd5BGNCUzlGizHEtALA&cbp=12,193.99,,0,-5.71

Can we also get a response from people who can help out during the talk
even if you can't make 5pm to help get kit in?

/Mobile:/ +61 422 166 708, /Email:/ james_AT_rcpt.to
PLUG President 2011: http//www.plug.org.au
Perth.pm Organiser 2011: http://perth.pm.org