[PLUG-AV] Sound options: trip to Kosmic this Thursday?

James Bromberger james at rcpt.to
Tue Jun 21 11:15:49 WST 2011

Hello all,

Well, we need to get sorted on our Audio kit (which I've said several
times). We need about 4 desk misc (and possibly stands), and suitable
mixer, leads, and get our heads around the correct wireless mics to use
in the event of a scale-up (digital wireless instead of analogue?).

As we're potentially using a grant we may have to purchase from a
domestic supplier (instead of from a US e-tailer), I'm going to pop
along to Kosmic Sound in Osborne Park (Hector St, just by the Freeway
off ramp) and see if their sales people can confirm what we think of the
mixs and kit to get.  Shall we try and meet at Kosmic at 6:30pm on
Thursday (they are open to 9pm; I have to be home by 9pm, so we
shouldn't be too long).

What I want to determine is; what mic type should we use for which
situation? Cardiod versus hypercardiod; condenser versus non condenser;
Shure PG 48 versus 58; phantom power versus non-phantom power mics;
different types of digital wireless mic systems.

*Can anyone else confirm if they would be able to come along then?*

/Mobile:/ +61 422 166 708, /Email:/ james_AT_rcpt.to
PLUG President 2011: http//www.plug.org.au
Perth.pm Organiser 2011: http://perth.pm.org