[PLUG-AV] Next weeks talk

James Bromberger james at rcpt.to
Wed Sep 7 11:30:06 WST 2011

Hello all,
A heads up, Nick has secured the UCC for the talk on hierarchical
storage management (clustered file systems). Start time is slated for
7pm. Peter Lyons has picked up a few USB headsets for the crew to use,
so it should start to become a lot easier to co-ordinate camera work
(with mumble, now we're not using the flaky PCI sound cards in the
donated hosts).

This month we're ready with the sound desk - Euan's probably the main
man on this, with our XLR and wireless mic. I think this month we should
practice getting the XLR mic handed to the person asking questions and
catch that audio, and also catch their image with the camera.

We have three cameras currently, and a shortage of tripods to put them
on (only 2 we can borrow). So our current volunteer numbers required i:

  * Audio Desk (Euan)
  * Directing/Vision mixing/stream encoding (Jason)
  * Camera operators x2 or x3 or more?

*Can you please respond if you're planning on coming next week and can
help out?*

>From the footage last time, do we want to improve the look? Here's some
possible ideas - please say if you can supply any, or improve these
suggestions:

  * Flat sheet behind speaker? Colour? White?? Grey??
  * Sheet over/in front of table? Again, white??
  * Lighting? (probably not required, unless someone has a funky light
    to throw on the background??)
  * Anyone got a projector (or two) we can borrow to project video
    stream and presentation?
  * Extra tripod for 3rd camera

--
/Mobile:/ +61 422 166 708, /Email:/ james_AT_rcpt.to
PLUG President 2011: http://www.plug.org.au <http//www.plug.org.au>