[PLUG-AV] Thanks to Peter for headsets and mice.

James Bromberger james at rcpt.to
Thu Sep 15 11:45:55 WST 2011

Hi all,

Just so you know, we picked up 4 USB headsets and 2 USB mice thanks to
Peter (and PLUG funds of $136) so we now have enough of these when
setting up these hosts. We have one dead PC (AV4 I think - black box).
We have three screens. We have had one basic tripod donated (thanks
Michael). We should have 3 cameras available for next month, and now
with 3 tripods (borrowing mine and Jason's).

Our set up this week was around 45 minutes until we streamed something,
which was very good, but a bit longer with dead equipment. We took a
shortcut on having (the only camera we used in the end) plugged directly
into the DVswitch host.

Things we're short of for next month (/*please contribute changes, or
volunteer to get this organised*/):
* Boundary mics for the panel session - can we borrow from somewhere, or
hire then?
* Possibly some long XLR leads if we have more mics
* PC for camera capture - Michael's going to bring his laptop which has
firewire on it (can you check if it is 4 pin or 6 pin in the laptop - we
may need a 4pin - 4pin cable for capture)
* PC for projection - we used one of the capture boxes on Tuesday. I
think it was useful to be able to show people the video - if you're
setting in the middle of the audience then being able to see a close up
of the speaker is very nice, even if it is 200ms delayed. I've asked on
the dvswitch-devel list about why this is and what better ways people
have for this....
* Projectors - Leon said he can bring his 2 (yay!) but we may have some
in the theatre to start with.

May do trip on Monday to UWA to see the venue at lunchtime. Euan, does
this work for you? Anyone else want to come?

I'm wondering if we can use the analogue audio output on the DVswitch
host to split the audio out from DV files when they are played; send the
audio to the mixer, and video to dvswitch. Mixer can then fold in room
audio and video can switch independently during playback.

*Do we want to do another workshop evening in preparation before the
Rusty event?*

/Mobile:/ +61 422 166 708, /Email:/ james_AT_rcpt.to
PLUG President 2011: http://www.plug.org.au <http//www.plug.org.au>