[PLUG-AV] Rusty Talk - please respond

James Bromberger james at rcpt.to
Mon Oct 3 20:41:14 WST 2011

On 3/10/2011 8:23 PM, Jason Nicholls wrote:
> Hello AV Team,
> The Rusty talk is next week (Tuesday 11th) and we need your help! The
> talk is shaping up to be a big event with ~50 tickets already sold and
> probably a bunch of late CompSci ring-ins etc...
> The talk begins at 6:30pm and we have access to the venue from 5pm.
> James Bromberger and myself will be there from 5 and we *really* need
> all that time to make sure everything is ready to go. Can you please
> respond and let us know if you're able to help and what time you can
> get there (earlier the better).
Free parking at UWA starts at 5pm. I plan on pulling to a parking bay at
a few seconds after 5pm. We need to get all kit upstais, including our
new Boundary mics; with the cables all gaffer taped down safely, and the
stream ready to go. I'll also need to get a bunch of tables moved from
(possibly) computer science building to the front of Geography for pizza
at half time, and signs up around the place...

This event is the main one we've been practising for. If PLUG is to host
an LCA in the future, then running the video streaming is a core part of
that. We need good framing (rule of thirds;
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rule_of_thirds), steady panning, tight
framing on the speaker, interesting shots, clear audio, etc, etc.

/Mobile:/ +61 422 166 708, /Email:/ james_AT_rcpt.to
PLUG President 2011: http://www.plug.org.au <http//www.plug.org.au>