[PLUG-AV] Updated Dell quote

euan at dekock.net euan at dekock.net
Wed Nov 30 14:51:49 WST 2011

Looks good to me.

Are we confident that all parts on these machines are Linux compatible.

Regards,

Euan.

On 30/11/2011 14:18 James Bromberger wrote:

On 30/11/2011 1:43 PM, euan at dekock.net wrote:
Just one point. Would it be a good to maybe get two of each model. We would at least have some redundancy then for the main machine. looking at the costs it would only add 3 or 4 hundred. I'm thinking that we may want to do some fancier things in future like text overlays and logo embedding where we may need to do heavy work across two servers.
Not a bad idea, but I think we're locked in with 3 small and one bigger host now. Here's an updated quote  using the larger quad core 3750 and 3450 as per Jason's email. Can I get a few thumbs up and I'll forward this one.

Anyone got a solid quite on two firewire cameras yet?

Mobile: +61 422 166 708, Email: james_AT_rcpt.to
PLUG President 2011: http://www.plug.org.au