[PLUG-AV] Audio options.

Leon Wright techman83 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 12:37:53 WST 2012

On Mon, Apr 23, 2012 at 11:10 AM, James Bromberger <james at rcpt.to> wrote:
> For the speaker each week, we're looking at:
> * One Shure SLX (L4 freq) Instrument pack - $600
> * One Countryman Head-mounted mic - $525

Just as a query what are the benefits of the head mounted mike over
one that pins to to the front of the shirt. I wonder if some
presenters may not want to attach something to their ears, that has
been on heaps of other peoples ears.

> For the audience mic:
> * One Shure SLX (L4 freq) receiver and SM58: $680

I also wonder if there is a Mic available with a built in transmitter,
as passing the transmitter around or the audience microphone handler
running around with it could see us having similar problems to what we
have now.

Leon