[PLUG-AV] Canon HV40

Leon Wright techman83 at gmail.com
Sat May 5 08:05:28 WST 2012

On Fri, May 4, 2012 at 11:25 PM, Euan de Kock <euan at dekock.net> wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> I've just done a bit more research on this.
>
> The HV40 comes in two version, Legria and Vixia.
>
> The Legria is PAL, and the Vixia is NTSC.
>
> Fortunately, BHPhoto do have both in, however the Legra is 899.00 - still
> the best price out there, and from a reputable company. They actually have a
> warning on the Legra to let customers know it's a PAL camera.
>
> I still think its the best we've seen yet.
>
> Regards,
>
> Euan.

Considering that was the original model researched and selected, I
think it's the right way to go. It gives us firewire for now and HDMI
for developing when we are ready. The video from Tuesday night was
quite disappointing without the camera gear, so I think as soon as the
next lot of funding is ready we should get the cameras.

Leon