[PLUG-AV] LotteryWest have funded round #3.

James Bromberger james at rcpt.to
Fri Jun 1 21:22:32 WST 2012

Hello all,

I've just checked the account, and we're back up to our usual levels
with $2,445.85 refunded from LW.

...which brings us to our last round with $357.98 left in our grant.

We have one outstanding item we have not yet purchased as already
discussed - a hand-held wireless mic for audience questions. Our choices
were the JTS IN64 handheld wireless mic at around $279 (was $349 - this
is still UHF), or Shure equivalent at around $600 (listed on the Kosmic
site at $709 for the SLX, and on Audiogear.com at US$599). Clerly PLUG
will need to put in the difference of $242.02.

http://www.kosmic.com.au/jts-in64-handheld-wireless-system/
http://www.kosmic.com.au/professional-audio-1/microphones/shure-slx-sm58-wireless-mic-system-4523/

At the same time, I've proposed acquiring an additional (4th) Firewire
ExpressCard at around $59 so that our existing camera can be used (on
the DVswitch host, as a static, possibly fixed (wide) feed of the room
-- /*unless anyone has a firewire ExpressCard they'd like to donate*/??
We were also considering some cable trip mats of around 10 metres in
length, and we may need to replace the Ethernet switch we purchased
(I've not had time to test it - speak up if you'd like to).

So in light of these options, which wireless handheld mic should we get?
I'm tempted by the JTS for this, given the amount of use it will get. If
I can get consensus from the group for the JTS, I'll organise picking
one up ASAP, and then process the refund and inform LotteryWest that
we're finished (the other items mentioned above were not on the original
grant request).

*I'd appreciate input from AV as ctte will need to vote on the
additional funds if AV group feels strongly we should get the Shure
handheld mic and pay the difference from PLUG funds.*

/Mobile:/ +61 422 166 708, /Email:/ james_AT_rcpt.to
PLUG President 2012: http://www.plug.org.au <http//www.plug.org.au>