[PLUG-AV] Equipment Boxes, inventory, networking

James Bromberger james at rcpt.to
Wed Jul 18 11:22:35 WST 2012

I ordered a replacement 8 port gigabit netgear switch on amazon last night. I will pick it up on Monday from Amazon HQ in Seattle and will be back on Monday 30th July. :)

 James

Sent from Samsung MobileLeon Wright <techman83 at gmail.com> wrote:I have a Belkin N300 wireless router and ADSL modem, the modem bit doesn't work but the wireless and wired work fine. It has 4 100MB switched ports at back. I'm not sure how flexible the configuration is and whether we can make use of this or not, but i'm happy to give it to PLUG since I don't have a use for it.

Might be worth trialling a setup via wireless. Does the router part work in it? We could potentially setup some of the ingest laptops via 802.11n and use the router to get dhcp/nat. Double NAT is ugly and can cause issues, but it would give us a consistent internal network.