[PLUG-AV] Perth Startup Weekend 7-9 September

Euan de Kock euan at dekock.net
Sat Aug 25 23:35:46 WST 2012

Hi all,

As you've all probably seen, there is a growing interest in what we are
doing with the Plug AV team. In spite of the issues we had with the last
presentation - mine and Jasons :-( , I think we are getting a lot better
at what we are doing. As a result of our recording the AWIA AGM and
Port-80 talk our profile has definitely been increasing which is fantastic.

Following on from the AGM, we have been asked if we can record some of
the activity around the Perth Startup weekend - this is a really great
opportunity to strut our stuff and create some awareness of how Linux
and Open Source are real world technologies and not just for hacking.

I'm looking for volunteers who can help out with this - we have been
asked to film the pitch night on Friday and the awards and judging on
the Sunday. If we have any spare capacity, it would also be good if we
could maybe run some casual footage during the weekend too, although
this may be a bit more complicated - as we'd probably just film straight
to tape using the Cameras as hand held units and capture that later and
do some post processing - still this might be an opportunity to extend
our reach and try some of the many video editing tools out there.

I think what I'd like is to get some commitment for the Friday from
about 7:30pm to 9:30pm and Sunday from 7:00pm to 9:00pm sessions, and
we'll play the rest by ear. I'm willing to get behind the audio desk, so
I'm looking for some commitment for the video dvswitch desk and for
manning cameras. Please let me know as soon as possible, and I'll let
the guys know if we can do this for them. I think it will be a really
interesting weekend and it will be good to watch the goings on.

Many Thanks,

Euan.