[PLUG-AV] AV Kit from USA

James Bromberger james at rcpt.to
Tue Mar 5 12:52:35 UTC 2013

Hi all,

After a grueling trip back from Seattle on the weekend (during which I
caught a cold) I am now back - and trying to catch up from a mountain of
work! Sadly I wont be able to attend (much/some/any/all of) this
weekend's Startup Weekend due to family commitments. However, I can
bring the haul of video kit to the city tomorrow (Wednesday) and can be
at SpaceCubed at around 4:40pm (ie, before port 80) if someone is able
to meet me there to pick up the items. The things that are of immediate
use are going to be:

* 2 x 4 pin to 6 pin firewire cables
* 1 x Expresscard for the third video camera
* 1 x  Anti-trip mat (this thing is heavy as lead)

Beyond that its the HDMI stuff:
* 2 x 1.8 metre HDMI to HDMI
* 1 x 20 metre HDMI to HDMI
* 1 x HDMI 4 way splitter
* 1 x HDMI gender bender/extender dongle
* 1 x HDMI cat 5 extender (pair of units for encode/decode from cat 5;
up to 50 metres)
* 1 x 8 port gigabit switch (takes a cloverleaf power lead, no wall wart
- AU lead not included)
* 1 x USB Ethernet interface
* 1 x Krone punch down tool

And then lastly there was a presenter wireless remote with laser pointer
- one for Paul, and one for someone else (anyone recall who?).

Some of this kit will require Australian power supplies (the US ones are
included here) or socket adaptors (I think the power wall warts
themselves are mostly auto-ranging 110 - 240v).

...And the above was (again, over) full luggage. Sorry Nick, I didn't
find any of the Kindle covers in the price range you were looking for.

I haven't done the totals up and converted to AU, but I know some of
this kit you may want to use for this weekend - like the static third
camera on a fixed/wide shot of the room up high. Is anyone able to be at
SpaceCubed tomorrow afternoon before Port80? I have to leave sharply
again tomorrow (Wednesday) for family reasons.

/Mobile:/ +61 422 166 708, /Email:/ james_AT_rcpt.to