[PLUG-AV] just learned something =)

Jason Nicholls jason at mindsocket.com.au
Thu Nov 28 11:41:18 UTC 2013

Hey Guys,

I received another camera from a someone in Sydney which I was expecting to
be an Australian/PAL version but it was actually a NTSC version - doh!
Unfortunately it's the HV40 so can't be flashed to supported PAL so I
thought I'd see if I could on-the-fly convert from NTSC to PAL and feed it
into dvswitch and the answer is, yes you can!

Seems to work pretty well, the command line in case anyone is interested:

dvgrab - | ffmpeg -i --target pal-dv - | dvsource-file -l - -h localhost -p
1234

It does use extra CPU though, about 50% of one core on the T410.

Jason Nicholls
jason at mindsocket.com.au
0430 314 857