[PLUG-AV] dvgrab insanity

Leon Wright techman83 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 22 03:17:13 UTC 2013

All,

I've done a bit of poking around and have yet to find a way I can use to
detect when a camera drops out. DVgrab kindly persists (even with
dvsource-firewire + tally light) and fails to carry on when you replug the
camera.

I thought about using inotify to watch the sys paths, however it doesn't
appear to be able to monitor these paths. I also pondered watching the
syslog, but it doesn't log anything on disconnect.

I imagine there would be a kernel event I could hook into, but that's a
little beyond my current skillset and available time to figure out.

If anyone has some ideas, I'd love to hear them!

Leon

--
DRM 'manages access' in the same way that jail 'manages freedom.'

# cat /dev/mem | strings | grep -i cats
Damn, my RAM is full of cats... MEOW!!