[PLUG-AV] Equipment Boxes, inventory, networking

Nick Bannon nick at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Wed Mar 12 02:33:41 UTC 2014

On Tue, Jul 17, 2012 at 01:51:57PM +0800, Nick Bannon wrote:
> Ingest workstation:
>  * Laptop, bag, tally light?, firewire card, cable, camera, PSU, 1x ethernet cable
>  * Tripod, powerboard
> Speaker ingest also requires:
>  * Twinpact, boundary mike, speaker mike
>
> Leaving the mixing hub:
>  * Audio mixer, PSU and cabling
>  * plugav1-mix, netinst, encode laptop and bag
>  * main network switch and powerboard
>
> The idea being that these get bundled into an appropriately sized box
> or kit and perhaps in a partly connected ready-to-run layout in a custom
> foam packing.

We've still got standing PLUG committee approval and a few hundred
dollars budget to Do Something (tm) along these lines.

Leon's got a padded backpack/rucksack in mind, ~$150 each, that would
transport a station kit nicely, with a spot for a mid sized tripod
(smaller and cheaper than the ones we're mostly using) and room to spare.
He's got one of his own to bring along next time. Leon - got a link to
see them online?

and/or a foam-packed suitcase solution, done right it can be opened and
operational, without having to fully unpack it. That would likely be
a two part, suitcase+tripod solution. Roughly suitable things might be
~$100 from Repco, Jaycar, Bunnings, etc. Not unlike:
	http://www.altronics.com.au/index.asp?area=item&id=T5052

Current equipment distribution, correct me if I'm wrong:

Leon: plugav1-3 + camera kit + tallylight; Digilent Atlys HDMI2USB
Jason?: plugav1-2 + camera kit + tallylight
Nick: 2*tripods, everything else
Luke: RFID card for PLUG's access to spacecubed.org

Nick.

--
   Nick Bannon   | "I made this letter longer than usual because
nick-sig at rcpt.to | I lack the time to make it shorter." - Pascal