[PLUG-AV] Streaming WAIA AGM Tuesday 20140909-1400

Nick Bannon nick at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Sat Sep 6 10:26:09 UTC 2014

On Thu, Sep 04, 2014 at 02:44:31PM +0800, Kellie Ireland wrote:
> Hi Nick,
>
> Just touching base ahead of next weeks AGM.
>
> I have confirmed with the venue that we have 4 hardwired internet connections in the room. I have also arranged a bank of tables at the back of the room for your equipment. If there is anything else that you need please let me know and I will sort it out!

Hello! Thanks, that should make things simple.

Last things first:
> Final thing - is to confirm which PLUG members will be attending. This way I can ensure catering is adequate and arrange name tags for you.

I've heard interest from the following - all still good, you guys?:
Nick Bannon
Leon Wright
Harry McNally
Euan de Kock

Also - Michael? Jason? Luke? Free next Tuesday 9th? Anyone else?

> We do have access to the room from 2pm. I will likely arrive at about 3pm. Can you let me know what time you think you might arrive for set up so that I can ensure I have checked everything ahead of your arrival. If you need any assistance getting the gear there please let me know as I am sure we would be able to assist.

Sounds fine!

I'll aim for 2pm, myself, sort myself out with parking and start
to bring things up. If there are hiccups or we haven't run into each
other by 3pm, call or SMS:
Nick: 0419 957 011

> Advising our members - can you please confirm the details for viewing the AGM online so that I can communicate this to our interstate and international members?

Yes - when the streaming is running, they should be able to find it at:
        http://icecast.plug.org.au:8000/

If everything is correctly configured they should at the time be able
to simply click a link on that page to start watching.

In case of any problems, we recommend installing VLC from
http://www.videolan.org/ to watch it. Choose the Media -> Open
Network Stream menu option, the correct URL to watch it should
be similar to:
        http://icecast.plug.org.au:8000/WAIA-live.ogg

...however we recommend announcing/confirming that live on the night,
through IRC, twitter or a similar channel.

> I have been reminded by Richard Keeves that last year you provided us with the footage of the meeting on a thumb drive. Would it be possible to do the same again this year? If so, could you give me a rough idea what size the data would be and I will organise a thumb drive.

20 to 32GB will do nicely.

[...]
> Please feel free to give me a call to chat through any of the details.
>
> And thanks again for your assistance for streaming the AGM!
>
> Warm regards, Kellie
>

> Kellie Ireland
> Executive Officer
> Western Australian Internet Association
> PO Box 8700, Perth Business Centre WA 6849
> Phone: 08 9322 3022
> Mobile: 0417 913 059
>
> On 15/07/2014, at 2:39 PM, Nick Bannon wrote:
> > Hi, Kellie! Thanks to WAIA for your support of PLUG last year.
> > Luke forwarded your message through to the committee - he's away at the
> > moment, however he may be back for September.
> >
> > We had to do some planning at our last get-together and last night's
> > Committee meeting... Yes, we can set up best-effort (it's all we offer!)
> > streaming for your AGM if you'd like us to.
[...]

See you soon enough!

Nick.
0419 957 011

--
   Nick Bannon   | "I made this letter longer than usual because
nick-sig at rcpt.to | I lack the time to make it shorter." - Pascal