[PLUG-AV] PLUG AV upg refresh

Paul Del p at delfante.it
Wed Jul 22 03:15:05 UTC 2015

Hey guys

For new PLUG AV gear and to refresh the kit

Please liase with Jason and collate a list of what you need and the prices.
(We have had a tentative list in the meeting agends for a few months)

Then we can work out whether to approve PLUG to spend that money or look at
a grant.

This is in the Committee minutes for the last few months but have copy
pasted below

Thanks Paul

5. General Business and Matters Arising
b. PLUG AV refresh

Assigned to Jason for the time being. We should get more info once we have
AV hack day so we can leave this for the time being.

AV hack day

Borrowing Gear
Approved by someone that’s trusted.
Possibly an ex committee or current committee members plus someone in AV
sub team to approve?

Buying More AV Gear:
3x Backpacks, 1x hard case, HDMI converter box thingo ask Leon Jason Luke
James

Numerous HDMI capture solutions are now commercially available, we should
acquire and test several for latency and on-Linux suitability e.g. $169 at
MSY.com.au http://gamerzone.avermedia.com/game_capture/extremecap_u3

http://staticice.com.au/cgi-bin/search.cgi?q=avermedia+extremecap+u3

Maybe a look at a Lotterywest grant to cover new gear, even a grant for a
full hardware refresh - a second-time grant will be easier

Physical storage location needed for older gear.