[PLUG-AV] [plug-ctte] ADUG(WA) AV Meeting Streaming

Paul Del p at delfante.it
Sat Oct 17 01:50:53 UTC 2015

Hey Nick

If your lending the equipment to non plug people
better get that agreement in place before they borrow the av gear
unless a plug av or commiittee or past committee is helping at the event

Like you have said before Nick if something is broken, missing, stolen then
we don't have
any spares or backups.

Cheers Paul

On Sat, Oct 17, 2015 at 4:24 AM, Nick Bannon <nick at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au> wrote:

> Hi, all!
>
> David and I had a chat - now that he's moved to Exmouth he may become a
> keen remote participant to some streamed meetings.
>
> That includes for other organisations such as ADUG(WA) - there's a
> regular third-Tuesday meeting coming for ADUG(WA) this coming week,
> 20151020-1800, hosted at the Perth Artifactory.
> http://www.adug.org.au/meetings/perth-meeting-october/
> http://www.adug.org.au/meetings/details/#perth
>
> I've helped out with ADUG(WA) before and I was thinking I'd like to
> attend, I'm looking forward to some details on Mac OSX.
>
> It's not a given that they want to stream the ADUG(WA) meetings in general
> or that PLUG can or should help, but David's enthusiasm does give me some
> hope that PLUG will get something out of the experience. In the leadup
> to the national ADUG conference next year there is the possibility that
> PLUG could get some helpers and be sponsored towards equipment upgrades
> and such. Certainly I'm happy to show a few more people PLUG's system
> to give them a chance to operate and contribute to it, though the usual
> time and place would be a PLUG event.
>
> If PLUG's committee is OK with it (we can know by Monday night),
> we can see if trialing with the PLUG equipment is OK for Tuesday's
> night's ADUG(WA).
>
> This would normally be cutting things pretty tight, but this is not a
> high-key event, PLUG's reputation is not on the line and we can treat
> it fairly informally. If equipment gets lost or broken, someone needs
> to take responsibility up-front and I'm willing to do so in this case.
> I'm painfully aware that this kind of she'll-be-right would often not
> reassure me in the slightest, happily I need not make this decision.
>
> The success of this does require enthusiasm from the ADUG(WA) side,
> possibly
> David or David's friend Andrew, and definitely another volunteer or two.
> Trying out a fresh install of EventStreamr would be good:
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCzVX7-OJtA
> http://search.cpan.org/dist/App-EventStreamr/
> https://github.com/plugorgau/eventstreamr
> https://github.com/plugorgau/eventstreamr-station
> https://github.com/plugorgau/eventstreamr-frontend
>
> (hmmm, I wonder if anything's going to be added to:
> http://eventstreamr.readthedocs.org/en/latest/existing-readme.html
> https://github.com/leesdolphin/eventstreamr )
>
> Nick.
>
> --
>    Nick Bannon   | "I made this letter longer than usual because
> nick-sig at rcpt.to | I lack the time to make it shorter." - Pascal

*"When service & support is everything"*Deltek Technology, Perth, WA
Ph:08 636-55-618 E:p at delfante.it W:deltek.net.au

Simplifying Information Technology Systems
Cutting edge technology Systems saving time/money.