[PLUG-AV] Borrowing PLUG AV

Nick Bannon nick at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Fri Nov 15 23:50:10 AWST 2019

[...]

On Sun, Nov 03, 2019 at 03:53:39AM +0800, Lawrence Lau wrote:
> at library now ... there's another hackathon on 16th Nov and StartupWeekend
> in early Dec that also worth supporting ... you can see the production
> videos here nick at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au if interested

Thanks, I took a look at some! Great stuff, and thank you for the "Video
produced by PLUG" plug at the end credits.

It is just a bare-bones ingest station, the next step up is probably
hooking up the lapel-microphone for the speaker.

We've streamed/recorded StartupWeekend and other events in the past:
https://www.youtube.com/results?q=PLUG+startup+weekend
...but the setup/teardown of our equipment hasn't gotten any easier
since then and improving it will take a bit of effort. I do think
there's a lot to be said for the live-or-bust no-post-processing
approach. ::-)

>  .... would have been nice
> for a PLUG logo on black background on credits page
(previously attached)

$ cd /tmp
$ wget https://www.plug.org.au/documents/plug-logo.svg
$ inkscape plug-logo.svg -e plug-logo-transparent.png --export-dpi=200
$ convert plug-logo-transparent.png -background "#000000" -flatten plug-logo-black.png

I take it there was a bit of:
https://www.adobe.com/products/premiere.html
involved?

I was hoping to have met up with you before now - tell us when's good?

Nick.

--
   Nick Bannon   | "I made this letter longer than usual because
nick-sig at rcpt.to | I lack the time to make it shorter." - Pascal