[off-topic] UPS battery

Kev kdownes at oceanbroadband.net
Fri Dec 16 22:49:16 WST 2011

On 16/12/11 20:27, Jim Householder wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have a small UPS that came with about a 7ah battery which died a
> while back.  It was a shape I could not replace, so I have a 7ah
> battery on top of the unit held in place with duct tape.
>
> With my current configuration, it's only good for a few minutes -
> probably all it was ever intended for.  I need a bit over an hour.
>
> What risk or penalty is there if I replace the battery with a larger
> one, other than a much longer recovery time?

None at all.  It'll just take longer to charge.

Kev

Kev Downes
The Other Other Operation
kevdownes at y7mail.com  ph 04047 08082
We currently use and recommend Linux
There are 10 types of people ...
    ... those who understand trinary
        those who confuse it with binary
        and those who don't know the difference.