[off-topic] playstation 3 quickflix

Lucas van staden lvs at dedmeet.com
Sat Dec 31 17:00:25 WST 2011

Hi,

Last night I signed up with quickflix to stream movies over my ps3. $15 p/m
did not seem like a bad option t me, and will limit my torrent actions ;)

I have been very dissapointed, and would like to hear opinions, user
experience (via ps3) of this service.

Ok, firtly my setup:

Cable internet via telstra, and the ps3 is connected to the network via a
netgear powerline setup (unabale to hardwire to the lounge) (if you have
seen previous post of mine mentioning hardwire of my lounge - I moved to
sydney 3 weeks ago, so new rental, new setup)

The powerline setup has been good enough to stream audio/video internally
from my mythbox to the tv, via a mini-itx frontend.

For some odd reason I cannot get the ps3 to connect to my wireless, but I
suspect it is due to a pure wireless n setup, and the ps3 is g only, wil
experiment with that next week....)

Ok, the disaapointment: not been able to view ANY movies via the quickflix
/ ps3 setup.

When I select a movie, I get the simple 'progress spinning icon' and last
night I left it or 30 minutes! nothing, nada ! - at no point could I watch
any 'streamed' movie.

I suspect the link using the netgear powerline setup is the cause, but it
does promote itself as capable to do this type of thing.

Any suggestions, comments, opinions, isues similar to mine, form our list
memebers?
has anyone actually used this service via their ps3 and been hapy with t ?

Thank you.
any help appreciated

Have a great new year!