[off-topic] What is a shearers cot ?

Arie Hol arie99 at ozemail.com.au
Fri Sep 23 22:30:12 WST 2011

What is a shearers cot ?

Q1 - Does any body know what a "shearers cot" is ???

Q2 - And where do I go to get one?

I know what it is - but I am not sure if that is the right name - I need
two of them but I don't know where to get them.

A1 - It is a collapsable bed - often used by shearers and country folk
as temporary bedding in the outback

It has a simple rectangular frame made of metal tubing - with fencing
mesh stretched across within the frame (to hold up the mattress) it also
has two swingout legs, which allow the bed to fold to a flat  orientation
to storage and/or transportation.

Any help on this one would be greatly appreciated.

Regards Arie