[off-topic] Bad web page rendering

Jim Householder nofixed at westnet.com.au
Fri Dec 14 19:21:35 WST 2012

Hi,

Since switching to the NBN Satellite service I have had a really bad run
of pages not being displayed properly.

The usual scenario is images are OK, but all the links and menus are
underlined text down the left margin.  If I reload the page it usually
displays correctly.

Sometimes if there are thumbnails on the page, some will display and
others only get the broken image icon.  A reload sometimes fixes it and
sometimes not.

I have recently been in the USA and Canada and had no problems there.

I compared the page source of one page before and after reload, and
there was no difference.  Considering the number of bits and pieces
loaded for each page I suspect the difference was in those that may not
have been displayed in the source window.

I have contacted Westnet several times back in September before I left
for the other side of the world but they could not find anything wrong.
  I have yet to call them now that I'm back.

Is there anything I can look at before I call again?  I'm using the
latest firefox.

Thanks
Jim