[off-topic] Looking for a D-Link DSL-G604T

Blake Munro blake.munro at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 18:03:46 WST 2012

My advice is to go for a Billion... they are easy to use and quite reliable.

I don't know exactly why you have narrowed down all the choices to a
D-Link, but being an ex Westnet employee and working on various helpdesks
over the years, I would steer clear of D-Link. That's just my opinion and
you are entitled to your own.

If you want something that just works and doesn't require much support from
your end, buy something brand new like this:

http://ple.com.au/ViewItem.aspx?InventoryItemID=608507&CategoryID=307

You could even get it shipped to you and put in all her ISP details, set up
WiFi password then pack it up and send it down.
There's nothing wrong with TP-Link either, if you want to save a few bucks.

If you look at 2nd hand modem/routers then you are asking for trouble IMO.
These are throw-away devices that have a lifetime of 3-4 years before
something trips them out... could be overvoltage through either the phone
line, powersupply or simply overheating.

Cheers
Blake