[off-topic] Looking for a D-Link DSL-G604T

Gregory Orange home at oranges.id.au
Thu Jan 19 21:53:20 WST 2012

On 19 January 2012 18:03, Blake Munro <blake.munro at gmail.com> wrote:
> There's nothing wrong with TP-Link either, if you want to save a few bucks.

I think if I was replacing a unit now, I'd seriously consider TP-Link.
Their gear seems to just work, and usually at very reasonable prices.

> If you look at 2nd hand modem/routers then you are asking for trouble IMO.
> These are throw-away devices that have a lifetime of 3-4 years before
> something trips them out... could be overvoltage through either the phone
> line, powersupply or simply overheating.

I'd ordinarily agree, but I've now had a Linksys WAG54G V3 going
strong for a while, very happy with it. I bought it second hand
because I didn't want to pay full price for my specific needs, which
from memory at the time included a removable antenna.

Anyway, I took a risk and got lucky. I don't imagine Senectus will be
taking that sort of risk for a family member in Albany!

Cheers,
Greg.

--
Gregory Orange