[off-topic] The thrill has gone ....

Richard Meyer meyerri at gardenshark.org
Sun Mar 2 20:22:50 UTC 2014

On Sun, 2014-03-02 at 20:44 +0800, Gavin Chester wrote:
> On 02/03/14 14:43, Richard Meyer wrote:
> > Y'know, ten years ago a topic like this would have had people climbing
> > up the wall.
> >
> > OK, it's the middle day of a long weekend in Perth, but I expected more
> > heat than this .....
>
> So, you've outed yourself as a troll now then, eh Richard ;-)

No, I was wondering whether anyone else had the same feelings.

Take a look at the traffic on the Plug main list - 12 years ago it was
really busy, full of questions, opinions and success stories, now I get
maybe 5 emails a week.

And I realise you're TTP, but we do seem to be a LOT less bleeding edge
than we were. Whether that is due to everything just working, or due to
some other reason, I cannot say.

--
Richard Meyer

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
William Pitt, 1783

Linux Counter user #306629