[off-topic] Need legal advice/help: German company wants to buy my software.

Lucas van staden lvs at dedmeet.com
Thu Feb 12 15:46:46 UTC 2015

Hello off-topic plug list people.
Been a long time since I posted to this list (if at all)

So, direct to the point.

I am developer.
Simply put, I don't know much else (and Linux, of course)

I created some software.
It is really irrelevant what this software is, but to note that it has
caused a bit of a stir in the relevant community where it is used.
I sell this software on-line, and sales are doing ok, and picking up
gradually.

A company, based in Berlin, has recently made contact with the proposal to
sell my software in Germany.

Their basic premise is:

We want you to licence us to use your source code as a basis for a new
> product that is
> tailored for a German audience. The product would have a different name
> and would have nothing to do with your company.
> We would pay you a licence fee for every sold unit. We want to buy your
> technology like a car manufacturer buys components from
> other companies.Your copyright would never be questioned or touched. We
> really have good intentions and don't want to harm your reputation.

 The company itself seems legit.

So, If I proceed with this, I would most definitely need legal help.
Any recommendations?

TIA
Lucas