[plug] Crashed linux box

John Summerfield summer at os2.ami.com.au
Sat Aug 1 06:15:07 WST 1998

On Fri, 31 Jul 1998, Paul Wilson wrote:

> I'm *very* impressed by the 30 day uptime here. Not that Linux won't do it
> (in the UK, my Linux box was usually up for 6 months or thereabouts), but
> the mains doesn't seem to support it. I know that I've bitched about
> Western Power before, but the last couple of weeks have just reinforced by
> concerns. 3 hours without power 10 days or so ago!

  6:11am  up 30 days, 19:43,  1 user,  load average: 0.00, 0.02, 0.00
The box that came from has had major surgery since the last boot: all
relevant updates to RH 4.2, kernel included: I'm waiting for the next
power failure to actually install that.
It's running Apache 1.3 - compiled on the spot as the RH rpms require
glibc and I'm not prepared to switch to that on the fly by remote control.

I expect Leon's box has the same uptime.

like my sig!!