[plug] Q:Disable Monitor Turning Off

John Summerfield summer at os2.ami.com.au
Wed Aug 5 14:10:07 WST 1998

On Wed, 5 Aug 1998, Richard Mortimer wrote:

> Matt,
>
> Many Thanks for this; the "setterm -blank 0" rectifies this, so I have added
> it to my rc.local file.
>
> Whilst I'm asking dumb questions; I may as well ask this one too.
>
> Several times I've wanted to copy what I'm doing and how the machine
> responds to a file; terminating when I wish to. How can I do this???

Do you mean something like this?
[summer at emu summer]$ whatImedoing >logfile 2>&1

If you want to detach it too,
[summer at emu summer]$ whatImedoing >logfile 2>&1 &

In a script I often use a construct like this
{

some commands

} | mail summer -s "some subject"

to produce a report such as a list of those who've tried to hac my website
recently.

like my sig!!