[plug] Name Registration.

Matt Kemner zombie at networx.net.au
Wed Aug 12 17:06:11 WST 1998

On Wed, 12 Aug 1998, The Thought Assassin wrote:

> but I am sure that a lot of this is not really necessary in our case?

I don't think it is.  I can see that we need to be incorporated, but I
don't see the need for fully structured meetings/agm's etc.

> It gets worse from there folks:)
> It seems like the aim of the document is to organise distribution of power,
> whereas our needs are probably more along the lines of distributing
> responsibility(A la talkd, nntpd, httpd, ld), in leiu of any power actually
> existing.

I think the doc needs a little bit of work :)

> Do we need to have seperate Chair, Treasurer, Secretary, etc?
> (Or should I say schedule(), $_, and syslogd)
> It might be better if we could get one person to do all of these things,
> Points to whoever can think of the obvious name for such a position.

inetd? :P or perhaps kernel.

I think an inetd (president/kernel) and a vice-inetd
(vice-prez/micro-kernel?) should probably be all we need. unless people
want to volunteer to be eg. syslogd and nothing but syslogd.

> Sorry to bring everyone down by mentioning such things:)

We got to sort it out sooner or later.. :)

 - Matt