[plug] Req hints on a masq/proxy box

Matthew Murray matthewm at aone.com.au
Tue Aug 18 09:20:53 WST 1998

I am running a Linux gateway on a 386 with 4 MB worth of memory.

But the only thing it does is the connection through to my ISP, and
masqurading.  If you intend
to run a proxy server such as squid with pretty high usuage, 64K ISDN or
above, best to go
for at least 64MB worth of memory along with a 486dx-66+.  The more memory
you give squid
the better off the gateway will perform.

- Matthew Murray

Matthew Murray
OzEmail Access1
Technical Engineer