[plug] Beowulf

DarkeMane Industries darke at lilith.it.net.au
Tue Aug 18 21:51:51 WST 1998

On Tue, Aug 18, 1998 at 05:39:26PM +0800, The Thought Assassin wrote:
> > Has anyone looked at the Extreme Linux CD?  I just downloaded a copy, and
> > would like to create a nice Beowulf class cluster using the PC's that I
> > own...  Has anyone done this yet, that could give me some advice, I've
> > read all the information and just want practical advice...

learn PVM ;) a rather nifty parallel programming interface - from memory
it is used by the beowulf people (as well as MPI of course).

but seriously - a beowulf is fine and dandy - but normal programs don't
run any different. although there is potential for an arbitary process
migration (on invokation). (mind wanders)

<snipped>

> ideas about your particular project, as I know at least a couple of PLUG
> people with an interest in distributed programming/distributed systems.

not mentioning that my final year project basically centers around
distributed programming/systems. facinating toys they are.

darke / peter crystal