[plug] Opinions - Graphics cards for Linux

Christian cpayne at q-net.net.au
Mon Aug 24 12:20:58 WST 1998

Since this is something I know very little about, I'm interested in any
opinions, recommendations etc. anyone can provide regarding graphics cards
for Linux, specifically the newish 3D AGP cards which seem to be more or
less standard on new, fairly high-powered PCs.

How big are the speed advantages for these cards?  Will it matter much in
Linux whether or not they are 3D cards?  From what I've found so far the
Matrox Millenium II seems to be the most well supported (by XF86, MetroX
and AccelX) - would people say this is the best card?  Any other
suggestions or recommendations?

Any suggestions/comments are very much appreciated. :)

Regards,

Christian.