[plug] Large file systems.

Anthony J. Breeds-Taurima tony at cantech.net.au
Wed Aug 26 08:55:40 WST 1998

Hello all,
	I would think that this question is aimed at the other Linux system
admins out there BUT I welcome all to comment.

I have just purchased a new server that is destined to run squid. :)

This machine has a 9.1Gb SCSI ultra-2 drive (that is destined for the cache).
and a 4.5Gb ultra-2 drive for the system and nntpcache.

I habe the machine running quite nicly BUT it whinges about block size.

I get :
VFS: Wrong blocksize on device 08:11
ll_rw_block: device 08:11 only 1024-char blocks implemented (1026)

Ocasionally.  I get this message on both drives (0801 and 0811).  When I get
it on /dev/sda1 I also get a kernel panic :(.

Is the a problem with the driver (5.1.0pre7 ... I needed support for the
Adaptec 7890 chipset) or the filesystem (did I used the wrong parameters to
mke2fs ????)

Yours Tony.