[plug] News Readers

Kent Ian Ian.Kent at fujitsu.com.au
Thu Aug 27 10:01:57 WST 1998

>On Wed, 26 Aug 1998 19:12:12 +0800 (WST), you scribbled:
>
>>Can anyone suggest a good news reader for X similar to Free Agent?  I got
>>used to it, and miss it... :(

Agent is my favorite too.

>wine and x and free agent.  (but i haven't tried it yet to confirm whether it
>works or not)
>*grin*

I have tried it (only the 16-bit version works at all) and although it works,
after a fashion, it is not stable enough for day to day use.

Agent was first reported (to me by a friend of mine) as just working in Wine in
the late December 97 release. Unfortunately, it is still 'nearly' working.

Ian Kent