[plug] Masq. and Samba?

Shackleton, Kevin kshackleton at agric.wa.gov.au
Mon Aug 31 14:25:48 WST 1998

Yes you're right about the crossover cable.  I usually make one end
normal T568A and cut off the extra wires (blue and brown pairs) the
other end & re-arrange.  That makes it obvious it's different in one
plug and means that cables that use all pairs won't work (I don't know
what you do for 100-TX), but it makes it a bitch to get the wires in the
right groove of the plug.  Then I put colour tape on both ends of the
cable so people see it's different.

No comment on the Samba - I see you got one broadcast reply on that.