[plug] Funny pppd messages in logs

Andrew Howell andrew at avon.it.net.au
Tue Dec 1 21:23:01 WST 1998

On Tue, Dec 01, 1998 at 01:20:10PM +0000, Colin 't Hart wrote:
> Andrew Howell wrote:
>
> > AFAIK ppp sends LCP packets continuously to test if the connection is still
> > alive.
>
> And Debian (at least 2.0) spits them out by default even without
> debug specified in /etc/ppp/options or in the chat script.

My debian 2.0 router doesn't :)

I'm using diald as well though so that might makes things different.

do a 'dpkg -L ppp' and make sure you don't have debug specified in any of the config
files, they are scattered over the place a bit now it seems.

Andrew

--
Dehydration - 34%, Recollection of previous evening - 2%, embarrassment
factor - 91%.  Advise repair schedule:- off line for 36 hours, re-boot

Andrew Howell
Perth, Western Australia			       andrew at it.net.au