[plug] NFS problem

Tamara Thompson THOMPSON at gate.sunquest.com
Thu Dec 3 23:52:28 WST 1998

>>> Colin Rothnie <colinr at tiwest.com.au> 12/02 7:01 PM
>From my experience, the documentation included with Linux is >excellent and well worth examining prior to buying any overpriced >book.  To some extent the Linux Documentation Project is to >computer publishing what Linux is to operating systems...

Recently I bought the new QUE Linux book which comes with RedHat 5.1.
It's a klunker of a text, but I got it because there are times when hardcopy is available and online help isn't.
My harddrive has been acting like Schroedinger's cat: sometimes it's alive, and sometimes it's not.

The QUE book has huge sections on how to install different distributions.  Looks pretty newbie friendly so far.  But it cost US$40.  Ouch.
But I agree with Colin, in general, everything one needs is online somewhere, especially with Linux.