[plug] Does anyone know of a way of duplicating exhange public folders under a Linux email system like sendmail or qmail or some other product?

Colin 't Hart hart at cygnus.uwa.edu.au
Mon Dec 7 21:57:09 WST 1998

David Buddrige wrote asking about a replacement for Exchange's public
folders.

The only thing I can think of is the Open LDAP server I saw mentioned
somewhere. You can use this to store addresses like Exchange or
Notes' public address book -- LDAP stands for Lightweight
Directory Access Protocol (I think...)

Netscape Communicator can talk to one of these and do name and
email address look-ups on one of these.

You should use IMAP4 for the actual email and email folders.

I could be completely wrong, but I hope this helps :-)

Cheers,

Colin