[plug] Downloading files in Netscape Navigator

Christian again at global.net.au
Tue Dec 8 09:53:59 WST 1998

    Microsoft Windows NT: Providing 386 emulation for your Pentium hardware.

On Tue, 8 Dec 1998, John Summerfield wrote:

> On Tue, 8 Dec 1998, Tony Clark wrote:
>
> I had problems with 4.04, 4.05 with forms. 4.06 loops from time to tome.
> 4.08 is available at netscape.
>
> I have 4.5 here, am considering removing it as it dies when I click on a
> mailto: tag.

I find that 4.5 (and indeed 4.08 too) crash intermittently when Java
applets are loaded.  It will run for a while and then basically crash,
often consuming 100% CPU time.  This is on a Debian 2.0 system (libc6) and
occurs with both the standard .tar.gz's for both libc5 and libc6.  It even
occurs with the official Debian packages.

Any experienced this or got any ideas?