[plug] Spelling is important to create impr essions

Christian again at global.net.au
Wed Dec 9 10:07:36 WST 1998

On 9 Dec 1998, Kent Ian wrote:

> >enough said
>
> Including a whole lot of unnecessary junk in posts is good for making
> impressions.

I agree.  No one really cares about spelling/typos in laid-back, informal
mailing list between people who share a common interest as this is.  I'm
sure if someone on this list prepared a formal document for submission to
a business then they would run it through a spelling checker and proof
read it.  I doubt, however, any but the most obsessive would do that for
every mail they post to this list.

However I'm sure there would be a certain percentage who consider it
pretty wasteful to include a 3.5 Kb email in order to include two rather
unnecessary words.

As Ian said, it didn't impress me.