[plug] D'OH : (Reply-to Munging)

Matt Kemner zombie at networx.net.au
Thu Dec 10 14:09:12 WST 1998

On Thu, 10 Dec 1998, Matthew Tippett wrote:

> Please ignore the response that went to the list.

I _really_ think someone ought to switch off the reply-to munging on this
list.

http://www.unicom.com/pw/reply-to-harmful.html pretty much sums up my
argument, with the exception that I'd like to add:

Those that think Reply-to munging is a good idea, because they want
people's replies to them going to the list alone, they can set up their
own Reply-to: header pointing back at the list.. Those that don't want
replies going to the list can send their messages with the list in the
BCC: address.. Currently that's not possible because with reply-to munging
on, replies still go back to the list.

Just my opinion.

Who's maintaining this list these days anyway?

 - Matt