[plug] Kernel messages

David Campbell campbell at torque.net
Mon Dec 14 06:43:20 WST 1998

Date sent:      	Sun, 13 Dec 1998 13:36:58 +0800
To:             	plug at linux.org.au
From:           	Tony Clark <tony at ballist.net.au>
Subject:        	[plug] Kernel messages
Send reply to:  	plug at linux.org.au

> Can anyone shed any light on these messages I'm getting in my syslog
>
> Dec 13 13:16:36 gw kernel:  49 52 31 6C 69 vKpIR1li
> Dec 13 13:17:16 gw kernel: 9 6E 2F 77 33 i-bin/w3
> Dec 13 13:18:28 gw kernel: 8 66 4E 66 6B 5F kLHfNfk_

Very, VERY wierd!

Can you run the "dmesg" command to check to see if it is a kernel message or
from somewhere else?

I would be very supprised to see such messages from the kernel as it would
appear that there is a memory leak of some kind, normally the kernel OPPS
before it gets to far.

Syslog is you generic logging daemon which collects log messages from a number
of sources (kernel, sendmail, inetd), the question is who is generating the
mesages?

David Campbell
campbell at torque.net

Check http://www.torque.net/parport for all Linux parallel port solutions.

Current project list:
a) Madly fixing up web pages....
b) Maintain Linux ZIP drivers (need to update docs)
c) Create Linux chipset specific parport drivers

Any assistance to clearing this list most welcome