[plug] Reply-to Voting

Christian again at global.net.au
Wed Dec 16 12:43:05 WST 1998

Hi all,

Well, it's neck and neck with the reply-to munging voting at the moment
with the "Leave reply-to munging how it is" being only one vote ahead...
the sad thing is, only three people have voted. :)

For those who missed it, Matt has suggested that the reply-to address for
this list be the sender of the email instead of being modified to point to
the list itself.  The difference would be that you would hit "Reply to
all" to reply to the list and Reply just to reply to the person.  The
reasoning being that this would reduce the risk of someone accidentally
posting a personal email to the list.

His reasoning for this being found at:

To vote on this issue email:
	replyto-vote at global.net.au
with your response to the question "Should the reply-to munging be
switched off?"  Yes or No is fine although if people want to make comments
then I don't mind collating these and posting the summary to the list.

If no one cares enough then I'll just delete the alias/procmail rule and
mailbox and things will probably stay as they are. :)

Cyas,

Christian.