[plug] Ping...? Ahem, PING!

Nick Rohrlach nick at smartis.com.au
Thu Jul 2 17:35:24 WST 1998

>What do you want to do with 4th-Monday meetings?
>

>1. [*] Keep it on Monday but move it to the Computer Club   <-- my
vote!

>2. [ ] Keep it Monday but move it to ___________________________
>
>3. [ ] Keep it at CompSci but move it to ________days
>
>4. [ ] Abandon it altogether
>

>If you voted for keeping it...
>

>A. [ ] Keep it as normally a presentation
>
>B. [*] Make it normally a bazaar/clinic/freeforall format
>
>C. [ ] Other: ___________________________
>

>Points for the UCC: space; food/drink onsite (including networked
drinks
>machine with Jolt); en-passant membership from the club; history at
>hand; network, spares and other facilites at hand.
>
>Points against the UCC: disabled access is hopeless; lacking
>professional polish; 11PM curfew.

If you are referring to our blatant untidiness - sorry.  It's being
cleaned on Saturday.  Perhaps all the PLUG members wan't to come and
help too???  hint hint!

As for the curfew we can organise something about that on a permanent
basis if need be.  Mail me at secretary at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au if you want
usto see what we can do.

>Points for CompSci: more respectable, whole computing lab potentially
>available, OHPs etc at hand.

One thing we (the UCC) can't help you with.  Wedon't reallyhave the
moneynor the regular need for an OHP.  As for the other two, same with
UCC sort of  but read respectable from a students point of view and it's
far more friendly isn't it?

>Points for bazaar/fooforaw format: actual problems get solved on spot;
>more people contribute; DEC (sorry, Compaq) already provide the other
>format; it's more "linux style."

Oh that's where the presentations are..okay!  (will eventually come to a
PLUG Thing when I can drive - I can now seethanks to contacts so I am
almost there :) )  The UCC is a great place to do this sort of thing, we
are not a good venue for presentations.

Nick Rohrlach
UCC Secretary